Cash trade and treasury
- Euromoney Middle East awards for excellence, 2013
- Euromoney Asian treasurer profiles: Ayala, Capitaland, Country Garden, Delta Dunia, Lenovo
- FT beyondbrics: Taiwan opens to RMB – and Chinese banks
- Euroweek: offshore RMB report
- You win sum, you lose sum
- Euromoney China cash management report
- A half-open door
- When world currencies fall
- Treasurers brace themselves for macro shocks
- Don’t kill Doha: Moore and Zedillo
- Asiamoney: Indonesia cash roundtable
- Institutional Investor: The explosive growth of offshore RMB
- Asiamoney: trade finance the big story of an open RMB
- Asiamoney: trade finance banks emerge from difficult years
Cash trade and treasury, Qatar - Monday, July 1, 2013 21:07 - 0 Comments
Asian Investor Qatar report, July 2013
The Middle East and Asia have trade at the core of their shared history. Two thousand years ago, the Silk Road linked the two regions for the Chinese silk trade, followed by Indian, Bactrian, Arab and Persian merchants in the centuries that followed. Today, links between the two are once again in the foreground of global trade.
The most obvious trade link is outbound from the Middle East and dominated by oil. “Exports out of this region are hydrocarbon-related, and clearly the demand for them is driven by the huge demographic and economic growth in China and India primarily, as well as Vietnam, Korea and Thailand,” says Tim Evans, regional head of trade and receivables finance at HSBC Middle East. “That is the key flow we are seeing.”
Most Popular Content
- Libya takes on Goldman Sachs
- Forbes.com: Investing in the final frontier
- FT BeyondBrics: Investors needed for Africa energy gap
- Forbes.com. The Fragile Five fight back: when happens when you double your interest rates overnight
- Forbes. Argentina rout: which emerging markets are in the firing line?
- Editorial: Tax relief
The Jakarta Post | Editorial | Mon, December 31 2012, 1...
- The World Bank estimates that forcible “development-induced displacement and res...
- Your article on Microfinance in Eastern Europe is spot on. In fact the key point...
- I'm intrigued but also a little confused by what is going on in the ...
- Hi Chris - loved your smartinvestor article which actually defines investsors' s...
- Could I have this whole poem written by Thomas Ebzery - I am moved by it because...
- I know it is personal but is it possible to obtain a copy of the poem Thomas Ebz...
- I felt very, very sad after reading this beautiful articles. My late dad was sn...