Australia, Funds Management, Personal Finance - Written by Chris Wright on Friday, August 1, 2008 15:59 - 0 Comments
Smart Investor: Up to speed – August 2008
Smart Investor magazine, Up To Speed column, August 2008
The continuing shocks to the global economy may well lead to a period of corporate belt-tightening in travel budgets. Bad news for airlines, but good news for providers of those videoconferencing and laptop-camera gizmos.
A current favourite of gadget reviewers is the Logitech Quickcam Sphere MP AF. Like all other such computer web cameras, you get a stand for the camera, a microphone for your voice and a software package with various special effect paraphernalia so that as well as live streaming you can make more customised videos to send. What makes this one distinctive is a face tracking technology, so that when you move your head, the camera moves too, saving you the hassle of adjusting the camera.
Specs are Carl Zeiss optics (a leader in this field), 2-megapixel sensor, HD video at 960 x 720 pixels, and a 23 centimetre stand.
This sells on the Logitech site for Eu139.95, or on Australian sites like mrgadget.com.au for a cheaper A$147.95.
Leave a Reply
Most Popular Content
- In Flight: the 30-hour novel
- The battle for the Libyan Investment Authority
- Discovery Channel Magazine: the 30-hour novel
- Discovery Channel Magazine: the Great Fire of London
- Discovery Channel Magazine: Fixing Food
- Editorial: Tax relief
The Jakarta Post | Editorial | Mon, December 31 2012, 1...
- The World Bank estimates that forcible “development-induced displacement and res...
- Your article on Microfinance in Eastern Europe is spot on. In fact the key point...
- I'm intrigued but also a little confused by what is going on in the ...
- Hi Chris - loved your smartinvestor article which actually defines investsors' s...
- Could I have this whole poem written by Thomas Ebzery - I am moved by it because...
- I know it is personal but is it possible to obtain a copy of the poem Thomas Ebz...
- I felt very, very sad after reading this beautiful articles. My late dad was sn...
Featured Work, Libya, Sovereign Wealth Funds - Apr 1, 2013 23:23 - 0 Comments
More In Featured Work
- The science of cheating
- Qatar: What has it done with stability?
- Giant steps are what you take
- Euromoney: the shadowy world of Gulf sovereign wealth funds
- Playing with fire: a history of the guitar
Africa general, Big Interviews, Science and engineering - Dec 1, 2012 6:12 - 0 Comments
More In Big Interviews
- Emerging Markets: Zeti interview
- Ed Mitchell: the most famous believer
- Yeager in his own (harsh) words
- Reach for the sky
- So you want to be an astronaut?
Big Interviews, Economics, Featured Work, Foreign Exchange, From the Vault, Malaysia, Politics - Oct 1, 2007 9:52 - 0 Comments
More In From the Vault
- Green finance: cleaning up in China – Euromoney, September 2007
- China’s rainmakers – Euromoney, April 2007
- Shaukat Aziz, Pakistan prime minister: Institutional Investor, December 2006
- The Shariah scholar cartel: Asiamoney, September 2006
- Ethical funds melt down over uranium – AFR, March 2005